When I became the Executive Director of the Boise Art Museum 10 years ago, I knew the community was devoted to the success of this organization, but I could not have imagined the overwhelming, positive outpouring of support and encouragement that followed and has continued throughout my tenure! While I celebrate a decade of service to BAM and to the public, I am asking again for your help to keep BAM’s light shining brightly as a beacon for the visual arts in our community by contributing to our Annual Fund today.
My initial vision was to ensure that BAM was thriving, growing, and always an essential part of the lives of people in our community by continually giving back. You have supported this vision, making it a reality through your participation and contributions, taking the Boise Art Museum to all new heights. Here are just a few examples of the achievements you have helped BAM make possible for the benefit of our community over the past 10 years.
- Created visual arts experiences for 500,000 visitors from throughout the U.S. and all over the world;
- Provided art education for 160,000 students and teachers at BAM and in rural classrooms;
- Waived admission for military personnel and families, Memorial Day to Labor Day;
- Achieved financial stability, and a solid foundation for the future;
- Won 52 significant grant awards, totaling more than $1.6 million, to carry out ambitious special exhibitions, educational programs, and projects;
- Grew BAM’s Permanent Collection from 2,700 to just over 4,000 works of art; and,
- Featured 160 exceptional exhibitions of artwork created by locally, nationally, and internationally recognized artists as catalysts for discussions, experiences and programs.
You can see that the Boise Art Museum is thriving thanks to you, and I know you will make it possible to surpass my dreams of what we can make happen together in the next 10 years through the work we do each and every day. Please help take BAM to the next level through your additional gift today. Your contribution ensures an even brighter future for BAM!
Melanie Fales, Executive Director
P.S. Are you eligible for a matching gift? Ask your employer about their matching gift program today to double your donation to BAM!