Art in the Park – Artist Info Center
Thank you for your interest in applying to participate in the Boise Art Museum’s 67th annual Art in the Park.
Before starting the online application, please read these helpful tips:
• Read the AIP prospectus (on the initial page of the application) carefully, as it contains important and detailed information about participating in Art in the Park, including modifications to the check-out process based on artist requests and present-day realities. We recommend that you download or print a copy for your reference.
• Complete every required field in the application.
• Double-check to make sure the e-mail address you provide is correct–we will use this e-mail address for all future communications.
• During the final step of the application, you will be asked to submit a $40 non-refundable jury fee using a credit or debit card — Visa, MasterCard, or Discover Card (No American Express).
• Immediately after you submit your payment, your information has been received, and an e-mail will be sent to the address you provided. This e-mail will include instructions for uploading your artwork images to complete your application. Your application is not complete until you have submitted your photos.
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions and Troubleshooting Tips, see content below.
Please check this website often, as we will be adding and updating information on a regular basis. All communications from the Art in the Park (AIP) office will occur via email and this webpage. If you have any questions regarding AIP, please check the web page first. If we haven’t answered your questions, please contact the AIP office at 208-345-8330, ext. 114, or email us at email@example.com
– Andrea Burke, Event Coordinator
2021 CALENDAR AND IMPORTANT DATES
|Mid-January||Artist application process begins online.
Visit this page for the application link.
|Wednesday, March 17
by Midnight MDT
|Complete artist applications must be submitted online
and include a non-refundable $40 jury fee.
|Early May||Artist notified via e-mail of application status.
Booth selection process begins.
|Wednesday, June 9||Last day for booth selection and payment.|
|Friday, July 9||Last day for written request for cancellation with 75% booth fee refund.|
|Thursday, September 9||Artist Check-In: 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Artist Set-Up: 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
|Sunday, September 12||Artist Booth Removal: 5:30 – 9:30 p.m.|
If you do not receive an email with instructions for uploading your application images immediately after submitting your payment, it may mean:
1. That your email provider has blocked the message or sent it to your spam/junk mail folder. Check your online banking to see if the transaction is shown. If it is, contact the Art in the Park Coordinator for further assistance.
2. Your transaction may have been declined. Please double check your credit/debit card information and your billing information for accuracy. As a reminder, only Visa, Mastercard, or Discover will be accepted by the system. Again, check your online banking. If the transaction is shown, contact the Art in the Park Coordinator for further assistance.
3. You may not have filled in every required section on the application. Required sections are marked with an asterisk if they have not been completed. Again, check your online banking. If the transaction didn’t take place, start over using the “Apply Now” button on this webpage–do not use your browser’s back button. If you still encounter issues, try using a different computer; we recommend that you use an updated internet browser program such as Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome (some issues have been reported with Firefox). Also, you can try a different location that can access broadband Internet, e.g. a library or coffee shop.
Q: Will BAM be proceeding with the planning for Art in the Park this year? A: BAM is continuing in good faith and optimism with all of the arrangements for BAM’s 67th Art in the Park. If the City of Boise, the Central District Health Department, or other governmental agency denies permission to hold Art in the Park, the Boise Art Museum will refund booth fees.
Q: When is the Deadline for Application? A: Midnight. (MDT), Wednesday, March 17, 2021. No late applications will be accepted.
Q: When will I find out if I was accepted into the show? A: The jurying takes place at the end of April and announcements are made via e-mail in May.
Q: Can I pay my jury fee with a check? A: The application process is set up to only accept credit and debit cards–Visa, MasterCard or Discover (No American Express). Checks are not accepted. (If this is a problem for you, you might ask a friend with a bank card to make the payment for you.)
Q: If I ’m in the show, when do I get to pick out my booth location? A: We will place the booth map online in May, when application status notifications are e-mailed. At that time you will be able to make choices for preferred booth locations. A concerted effort will be made to place you as close as possible to your requested location, but there are no guarantees.
Q: If I’m not accepted into the show, can I be placed on a wait list? A: A wait list is developed during the jury process. Vacancies due to cancellations are filled from the wait list. You will be notified if you are on the wait list.
Q: How do I apply to be an artist in next year’s Art in the Park? A: The application process begins in January each year. A link to the online application will be available on this webpage. If you would like to be notified when the application process begins, please send your name and e-mail address to AIP@boiseartmuseum.org.