Art in the Park – Artist Info Center
Welcome Art in the Park Artists!
Please check this website often, as we will be adding and updating information on a regular basis. All communications from the Art in the Park (AIP) office will occur via email and this webpage. If you have any questions regarding AIP, please check the web page first. If we haven’t answered your questions, please contact the AIP office at 208-345-8330, ext. 114, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Andrea Burke, Event Coordinator
2019 CALENDAR AND IMPORTANT DATES
|Tuesday, January 15||Online artist application process begins.
Visit this page for the application link.
|Friday, March 15
by Midnight MDT
|Complete artist applications must be submitted online
and include a non-refundable $35 jury fee
|Early May||Artist notified via e-mail of application status|
|Friday, June 7||Last day for booth selection and payment|
|Friday, July 5||Last day for written request for cancellation with 75% booth fee refund|
|Thursday, September 5||Artist Check-In: Noon – 7:00 p.m.
Artist Set-Up: Noon – 7:00 p.m.
|Sunday, September 8||Artist Check-Out and Booth Removal: 5:30 – 9:30 p.m.|
Unattended Overnight Parking Permit Application »
No fee. Limited availability: spaces not reserved or guaranteed.
IMPORTANT! Permit must be received by Thursday, August 15.
Overnight Lodging Parking Permit Application »
$26.25 per night. Overnight lodging in vehicle.
Limited availability: spaces reserved based on order in which permit/payment is received.
IMPORTANT! Permit and fees must be received by Thursday, August 15.
You will need a temporary access pass to gain entry to the park during the set-up process, which begins on Thursday, September 5th at 12:00 P.M. (noon) and ends at 7:00 p.m. To download a PDF of the pass, please follow the link in the parking information e-mail sent to artists on August 5th. Please print this pass and display it on your dashboard in order to gain access into the park.
If you have misplaced the e-mail, please contact Andrea Burke at AIP@boiseartmuseum.org or 208.345.8330 x114.
- Print and complete the Art in the Park Payment Form prior to arriving at check-in.
- Bring the completed form to check-in. This includes a credit card number or blank, signed check. The form and payment will be securely held by the Boise Art Museum in preparation for check-out on Sunday. The completion of this form and submission of a valid form of payment is a requirement for all participating artists.
- At check-in you will receive a packet with receipt books to use throughout the weekend.
- A receipt must be written for every purchase.
- All receipts must have Idaho sales tax (6%) documented separately as noted on the receipt form. If tax is not listed separately, it will be added to the receipt and charged as an additional fee at check-out (not netted out and subtracted).
- Please make sure you turn in completed books throughout the event by taking them to the BAM Info Booth.
- The deadline is 3:00 p.m. on Sunday for turning in completed books. Any books completed after that time must be brought with you to check-out.
- On Sunday, September 8th, at your designated time, come to the back of the Museum with any remaining receipt books you may have and hand them in to a staff member who will verify all books have been turned in.
- During the days immediately following Art in the Park, our accountants will calculate your commission (20%), Idaho sales tax (6%), and add any unpaid booth fees to your accounting form. Payment will then be processed using the credit card number or blank, signed check you provided at check-in.
- You will receive a letter documenting the accounting and the amount of the payment.
Cash Payments: If you wish to pay the commission you owe in cash only on Sunday night, you will have the opportunity to sit with an accountant while he/she totals your receipts. At this time we will return your blank check or destroy your credit card information. Only those artists paying in cash only (no split forms of payment) will have this option.
Thank you for your adherence to these check-in and check-out procedures. We appreciate your participation and partnership in Art in the Park, the Boise Art Museum’s single largest community event and fundraiser.
Download Payment Form »
Completed form and payment method required at check-in.
Boise Art Museum is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, educational, and charitable organization.
Holiday Inn – Boise Airport
$94 per night, Double Queen–book by 8/14/19
2970 W Elder St, Boise, ID 83705 | website »
Book by phone | (208) 344-7444 and ask for the Art in the Park rate.
LaQuinta Inn and Suites – Boise Airport
$94 per night, Double Queen–book by 8/14/19
2613 S. Vista Ave, Boise, ID 83705 | website »
Book by phone | (208) 344-7446 and ask for the Art in the Park rate.
SpringHill Suites Boise ParkCenter
$119 per night, Single King–book by 8/14/19
424 E ParkCenter Blvd, Boise, ID 83706 | 208-433-5129
Book Online »
Residence Inn Boise Downtown/University
$129 (Studio Suite) -$179 (Penthouse Suite) per night–book by 8/14/19
1401 S Lusk Pl, Boise, ID 83706 | 208-433-5129
Book Online »
Q: When is the Deadline for Application? A: Midnight. (MDT), Friday, March 15, 2019. No late applications will be accepted.
Q: When will I find out if I was accepted into the show? A: The jurying takes place at the end of April and announcements are made via e-mail in May.
Q: Can I pay my jury fee with a check? A: The application process is set up to only accept credit and debit cards–Visa, MasterCard or Discover (No American Express). Checks are not accepted. (If this is a problem for you, you might ask a friend with a bank card to make the payment for you.)
Q: If I ’m in the show, when do I get to pick out my booth location? A: We will place the booth map online in May, when application status notifications are e-mailed. At that time you will be able to make choices for preferred booth locations. A concerted effort will be made to place you as close as possible to your requested location, but there are no guarantees.
Q: If I ’m not accepted into the show, can I be placed on a wait list? A: A wait list is developed during the jury process. Vacancies due to cancellations are filled from the wait list. You will be notified if you are on the wait list.
Q: How do I apply to be an artist in next year’s Art in the Park? A: The application process begins in January each year. A link to the online application will be available on this webpage. If you would like to be notified when the application process begins, please send your name and e-mail address to AIP@boiseartmuseum.org.