BAM Visitor Services Associate
The Boise Art Museum’s Visitor Services Associate supports the mission and safety of the Museum. From sharing knowledge about exhibitions, to keeping artwork and people safe, the Visitor Services Associate helps provide positive experiences for visitors of all ages.
• Greets and welcomes all visitors
• Understands and shares information about exhibitions, collections, the Museum building, and Museum history
• Ensures easy and efficient visitor flow through the Museum
• Enforces security and safety procedures and protocols in all public spaces of the Museum
• Is available to answer questions throughout the galleries, and enforce rules of conduct when needed
• Completes all required ongoing training, including but not limited to security training, audience engagement and collection training, and visitor orientation
• Experience in a visitor service role at a comparable organization or experience in hospitality, retail, attractions, or cultural organizations
• Ability to work with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds
• Ability to identify and positively resolve visitor issues in the moment; strong decision making skills necessary
• Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and special events as necessary
• Effective and persuasive communications skills; able to speak clearly and present information to a wide variety of visitors, volunteers, and staff
• Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background and reference check, which will include criminal reports as well as verifications of employment and educational records.
Full listing & application info »