Art in the Park ONLINE Marketplace
THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING TO SUPPORT ARTISTS AND THE BOISE ART MUSEUM!
BAM’s Art in the Park Marketplace
September 10 – 18, 2020
The Marketplace closes at 5 p.m. MST on Friday, September 18, 2020
We hope you enjoyed the Art in the Park Marketplace. You can still become a BAM member, donate, and visit artist websites. Use the links below to keep exploring.
We look forward to seeing you next year!
Purchases and donations are protected through fully secured BAM site payment pages.
Art in the Park is BAM’s single largest fundraiser. It sustains BAM’s non-profit operations throughout the entire year including exhibitions, collections, and educational programs. Your donation today is greatly appreciated and will make a big impact in your community by supporting the only art museum in your back yard and making it possible to continue to employ essential staff.
When does the Art in the Park Marketplace begin and end?
- The event begins at 9:00 a.m. MST on Thursday, September 10. The event ends at 5:00 p.m. MST on Friday, September 18. You can shop any time during the online event!
- The event is being held online only this year. There is no in-person event.
I have a question about a particular item for sale.
- Please contact artists directly to inquire about their items for sale. Artists have provided contact information on their pages. There may be time zone differences, depending on the location of the artist.
What are the shipping/pick-up/delivery/return policies?
- All sales are final.
- If you choose to have items shipped, the artist will send them to you within 2 weeks.
- If you select pick-up or delivery when you add an item to your cart, the artist will contact you directly to make arrangements.
- BAM is not responsible for disputes related to shipping, damages, or order fulfillment.
- If you have questions, please contact the artist(s) directly. Artists have provided contact information on their pages. There may be time zone differences, depending on the location of the artist.
What if I want to have items shipped to several addresses?
- Any special shipping arrangements will be made with the artists directly. Artists have provided contact information on their pages.
Who should I contact for assistance?
- If you need help navigating the website or are having difficulty with checkout, contact the Boise Art Museum.
- BAM staff will be answering phone calls and emails during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. MST
- Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. MST / Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. MST
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (208) 345-8330 x 110
I have a question about BAM Membership.
- Contact BAM’s Membership Coordinator at (208) 345-8330 x 115, during the hours and days noted above, or visit our BAM membership page >>
I need help finding an artist I saw at Art in the Park last year.
- You can use the search bar on the Art in the Park Marketplace home page to search by the artist’s first or last name, business name, or product description/key words. Or, use the “Artists” dropdown at the top of each page to find a listing of artists by Business Name or Last Name. If you need further assistance, feel free to call BAM staff at (208) 345-8330 during the hours noted in the “Who should I contact for assistance” section above.
- The participating artists change each year. All artists who were planning to participate in the in-person Art in the Park this year were invited to join the virtual Marketplace, but not all were able to join us online due to several factors. We hope you enjoy exploring and shopping for handmade items by the 100 artists represented here!
Do my purchases count as a charitable donation to BAM?
- BAM receives 25% of the purchase price of the item. Your purchases do not count as charitable donations to the Museum because you receive an item in return for your purchase, at fair market value. If you have further questions, we encourage you to consult with your tax advisor.
- If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation to BAM, we would welcome you to do so through our website. Thank you! LINK TO DONATE >>
THANK YOU to our 2020 Sponsors
THANK YOU to this year’s participating artists and to our entire community for supporting the Boise Art Museum by shopping BAM’s Art in the Park Marketplace.
Art in the Park 2020
Moving to an Online Marketplace
It is with a heavy heart and deep concern for our community that I let you know today that the Boise Art Museum’s 66th annual Art in the Park will not take place in Julia Davis Park in September, 2020. Art in the Park is BAM’s most significant single source of revenue. It sustains BAM’s non-profit operations including exhibitions, collections, and educational programs for the year.
Given the importance of this event to participants and to the Museum, we are excited to announce that we are working fervently to create an all-new, virtual, BAM Art in the Park Marketplace. Watch for more details, coming soon.
This decision did not come lightly. We consulted with our participating artists, food vendors, partners, sponsors, and relevant authorities regarding the possibility of holding the event in the park this year, and we are grateful to all who have continued to be willing to participate with us. After giving every possible scenario significant thought, with your health and safety as our priority, we have determined that we cannot convene tens of thousands of people for our event. Due to insurmountable logistical challenges, we have no choice but to shift focus to a virtual event. Factors included in our decision were:
- Central District Health’s restriction on outdoor/indoor events of more than 50 people in Ada County;
- City of Boise’s standard timeline for approval and issuance of a public event permit, which takes place the week of the event – they have advised us that it is unlikely they will issue the event permit;
- complications related to travel quarantine requirements; and
- other continued restrictions and conditions outside of our control, including the upward trajectory of COVID-19 cases in the Northwest.
While we will not be together in person, we look forward to continued collaboration and community building online! The Art in the Park Marketplace, built from the ground up, will help artists whose livelihoods have been diminished by the cancellation of so many fairs and festivals this season, and will help sustain BAM during these uncertain times. We hope very much that you will join us online to support and celebrate the fantastic participating artists, as well as the Boise Art Museum.
BAM’s Art in the Park has become a cornerstone of Boise’s autumn cultural calendar, which brings the community together to create an unparalleled artistic energy and economic activity in Julia Davis Park. BAM’s Staff, Trustees, and Volunteers, who make Art in the Park possible each year, remain dedicated to providing you with a creative and meaningful alternative.
I will write again in the coming weeks with updates on our developments. We look forward to staying in touch.
With continued gratitude,